Things

Okay I know I said a while ago that I was going to make an update here explaining my absence back in January, but I've not gotten around to it then. It hadn't occurred to me until just now. So, I really owe you an explanation.

Things have been rather chaotic with my life since last year. Since January came about, I've only just begun getting my life together. I don't really like to dump my problems on you guys and the fact that I am writing this now already defeats the purpose of what I want this blog to be about. But I want to explain myself to you, and know that I'm bouncing back into the fray of things.

Around last may, my grandmother suffered an injury in which she fell off her chair.  She sprained her foot and hurt her hand, but because of her fragile nature, her recovery time can be rather poor. Coupled with the fact that she is a diabetic because she has to use this pacemaker that's only working her heart up to 80% efficiency. I haven't had much of a summer since then because we had no one to take care of my grandmother. Really the only one around to take care of her was me and my mother. We had no time for ourselves and since I never really drive, I've reserved myself as a sort of caretaker whenever my mother has to go to work.

This is especially draining for me when things took a turn for the worst for her in September. ( I will get to this part in a moment.) Throughout the summer, we've been struggling to keep up with her fluid levels, which were unreasonably high and continued to escalate as time went on. She struggled to move on her own still even after her injured foot healed. Her bodily functions aren't what they used to be and we've been trying to keep track of the sodium count in her diet. Nothing seemed to work and my grandmother was adamant about going to the hospital.

It wasn't until September where she was at her worst moment that she was simply getting out of breath with every little action she made. It was then did we decide to take her to the hospital without any protest or hesitation. The care system in the hospital we took her to was atrocious to say the least. One night, her oxygen regulator which she is now completely dependent on, was not turn on. She almost died. By some miracle though, she was able to make a swift and sufficient recovery. Her memory's not what it used to be though as well as a few other damages. She had to go through physical therapy. After I have graduated with two associates degree, I skipped taking fall classes in order to continue helping her. The pressure of the family drama and my mother suffering depression because of internal conflict with my uncle and aunt, who have not taken up the responsibility of caring for my grandmother, who would have nearly left her in hospice that day if it wasn't for the fact that we've legal attorney over my grandmother's well being,  just nearly collapsed in on me emotionally. I was not in the right state of mind.

This played a part in my burnout in writing for not only my blog, but for RPC Authority, which I had joined back in July to mitigate the loss of my Summer break. While the New Dawn Initiative is no longer being continued as its own individual thing, it has survived on in RPC lore during its restructuring back in November. December I have effectively rejoined the site and have continued to write for the next four months. I had the drive and passion to write again, and I'm slowly working my way back into more projects that I want to continue and/or finish.

One of the pieces I've brought over from this blog was Phoenix Drugs piece I've written a while back. http://www.rpc-wiki.net/rpc-178 I've took the liberty to refine it and give it more polish and subsistence to make it really stand out on its own, give it subtle background and  much more.

I have thought about integrating more of my NDI stuff back over to here. Everything's been going right for me so far. But I really miss writing for this blog. A lot of this shit here is old and in need of fine tuning which I will eventually get back to in due time. I want to fix them up, polish them, make them presentable again. (Or I might just write an anthology series for a book with these segments redefined.) I've got so much on my head right now that I do not know where to start.

I'm sorry it took THIS long to let this all loose. I hope to see you guys very soon. Peace!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(NDI) Guide to New Dawn Initiative

(Blog) World Health Organization Fallacy. Or, how do I Psychology?